Dougald Alexander Urquhart
Scottish, as the name would suggest. Spent most of my formative years in Greenock (on the river Clyde, in Scotland). Came from the UK to Southport CT in 1984, and been here ever since. It's nice here...
- Been involved with the things since the mid sixties
- Built my own PC, and robot, back in the seventies
- Designed systems for micros, mainframes, and just about everything in between
- Programmed in everything from COBOL to Visual Basic, some 4GLs and a fair mixture of assembly languages.
- Developed device drivers, operating systems, compilers, applications, multimedia systems, virtual reality worlds (you can see some small ones on my Virtual Reality Page)
- HTML and The Web, of course....
- Downsized in '96.
- Since then, I've been an independent consultant, designing and implementing
Customer Loyalty applications for Retail.
If you're interested, drop me a line.
- Been doing this for some time, too. I was brought up on Clydeside, so had little choice in the matter
- Used to potter around on the Thames in an inflatable boat called Dr Muller (an inside joke for VME/K alumni).
- Own a 25 foot Bayliner cruiser called Loch Fyne, which I keep in Fairfield, CT.
(Loch Fyne is named after my grandfather's boat.)
- Past Commander of Penfield Power Squadron
I also like Gardening
I'm married to the lovely Pat
. We have two sons, Thomas (in North Dakota) and James (in Black Rock, CT), plus two granddaughters - Emily and Lauren.
The tartan in the background is Ancient Urquhart.
The tune is Dark Isle. Nice, innit.